Join me as we open up a new chapter in your journey in herbalism, our own Native Australian Materia Medica! The Australian biosphere is dominated by Myrtaceae species, many of which possess therapeutically useful phytochemicals and a profound ancient history of indigenous use. It’s time we dive deep into the world of the Myrtaceae family, discovering how these plants can provide the inspiration and means for future Australian herbalists and natural products makers to create a whole new world of plant medicine using locally grown and sustainable practices with our native materia medica. We’ll cover everything from the botanical features of the Myrtaceae family so that you feel confident recognising this species in the wild, to therapeutic uses as well as the current deadly threat of myrtle rust. This is an opportunity to better understand and love the medicine that is literally in your backyard.
Relaxing Lemon Myrtle Bath Salts, just one of the many recipes you receive in this webinar.
Roast chicken with the SaltBush Kitchen Urban Rub utilising a delicious and fresh combination of native spices.
Kunzea and Wattleseed Chai
Buy this webinar and receive 10% at Salt Bush Kitchen, where you can buy exquisitely crafted native spices and herbs and support Australian made (literally!). Details provided in the webinar.
About the Myrtaceae Family Webinar
- Recognise the spotting characteristics of the family Myrtaceae leaves and flowers
- Develop and broaden understanding of the phytochemistry and associated therapeutic actions of key Myrtaceae family plants
- The ability to correlate therapeutic actions of Myrtaceae species with common chronic health conditions affecting Australians
- Appreciate the current scope of damage and the threat of myrtle rust to Myrtaceae species and Australian biodiversity of flora and fauna
- Develop your inner ‘native’ practitioner by broadening your theoretical and historical knowledge of the medicinal qualities of several native Australian Myrtaceae species.
The Myrtaceae Family webinar is suitable for:
- Anyone interested in broadening their materia medica and understanding the therapeutic potentials of our own native medicinal plants in Australia.
- Herbalism and Naturopathy students wanting to move towards a more sustainable herbal medicine industry in Australia.
- Herbalists and Naturopaths seeking to re-awaken grass roots herbal medicine making
- Anybody wanting technical and creative inspiration to inform their practice of making herbal medicines including entrepreneurial product creation. You will receive lots of monographs and recipes in this webinar along with a full set of slides.